SENIOR ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY WALNUT CREEK FEBRUARY 2022
DeHay & Elliston, LLP seeks an attorney to join its Walnut Creek, California office. DeHay & Elliston, a nationally recognized litigation firm with seven offices across the United States, is committed to both a work-life balance and diversity in the legal profession. Most of our attorneys work remotely several days a week, and we are open to arrangements for partial remote work. This position requires a candidate who is an active member of the California State Bar with a minimum of four years of experience as a litigation attorney.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Civil litigation or toxic tort/asbestos defense experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to look at a problem from a new or different perspective and design a unique solution.
- Familiarity with or desire to learn about the science underlying toxic tort litigation.
- Must have ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Working up a case from initial client contact to trial (under the guidance of a supervising attorney).
- Preparing and responding to discovery.
- Preparing and arguing motions, including dispositive motions.
- Taking percipient and expert depositions.
- Trial preparation and support.
Experience and Requirements:
- Attorney: 4+ years (Preferred)
- Active Member of California State Bar (Required)
DeHay offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance. Voluntary benefits, including vision and flexible spending accounts; in addition to our 401 (k) plan.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jennifer Sandner at email@example.com. All applications will be kept in strictest confidence. No phone calls please.