Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
JOB TITLE: DOJ Accredited Representative
PROGRAM: Immigration Legal Services
DIVISION: Economic Development Services
LOCATION: San JoseMain Office
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION: As a member of the Immigration Legal Services Program, the DOJ Accredited Representative assists clients in obtaining a new or different immigration status and provides representation before the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) as necessary.
1. Provides information regarding the application of immigration and citizenship laws, the appropriate federal and state regulations, federal immigration citizenship procedures, forms and fees.
2. Provide legal representation to clients before the USCIS.
3. Assess immigration needs of clients and determines eligibility for available immigration remedies.
4. Prepares applications, petitions and forms as required by law within the jurisdiction of the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), and US consulates.
5. Signs G-28’s upon receipt of DOJ accreditation
6. Reviews applications prior to submission to USCIS.
7. Maintains accurate, complete and confidential case files.
8. Provides referral to other community agencies.
9. Prepares and submits program reports in a timely manner.
10. Studies and analyzes immigration laws and regulations.
11. Conducts outreach activities and participate in advocacy efforts
12. Perform duties as assigned or approved by the program director.
13. Performs office duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
1. College graduate or equivalent experience.
2. Previous immigration law and procedure experience and training
3. Ability to understand, analyze, and interpret immigration laws and regulations.
4. Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese or language of another Santa Clara County immigrant community
5. Ability to maintain good working relationships with culturally diverse staff and clients.
6. A team player and enjoys working with people from different ethnic backgrounds
7. Computer literate in Windows/PC
8. Provide own transportation with adequate insurance and driver’s license.
To apply: Please send your resumes to Aditi Aggarwal-gupta, Program Manager, Immigration Legal Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.